Isuzu Philippines Corporation (IPC) recognizes the importance of data protection and security of information that we collect from our authorized dealers and you, our valued customer in accordance with the Data Privacy Act of 2012. This privacy statement informs you of our privacy practices and further describes the way we may collect, use, protect, store, disclose and dispose information; including those which also may be collected through third-party providers, websites, or any other online activity.
What is personal information?
Personal Information refers to any information, whether recorded in material form, from which the identity of an individual is apparent or can be reasonably and directly ascertained by the entity holding the information, or when put together with other information would directly and certainly identify an individual.
Sensitive Personal Information refers to personal information about an individual’s race, marital status, age, color, and religious, philosophical, or political beliefs; health, education, genetic information, sexual life or involvement of a person in a legal proceeding. It may also include, social security numbers, health records and licenses, pin codes and account numbers. Privileged Information refers to any form of data, which, under the Rules of Court and other pertinent laws constitute privileged communication.
The processing of sensitive personal information and privileged information are generally prohibited to be processed without your consent.
Do I have access and control over my personal information?
Yes. Your personal information is your own personal property. Thus, it should never be collected, processed, and stored by any organization without your explicit consent, unless otherwise provided by law.
If you wish to have access to your personal information in our records; or you think that such personal information we have of you is incomplete, not up-to-date, or otherwise inaccurate, or if you prefer to have your personal information removed from our database, you may get in touch with us through the contact details provided below.
Isuzu Philippines Corporation, 114 Technology Avenue,
Laguna Technopark Phase II, Biñan, Laguna, Philippines 4024
Email: [email protected]
Trunk Line: (049) 541-0224 to 26 loc 407
Do I have to consent before you can collect my information?
We will obtain your consent to collect, use or disclose personal information except where we are authorized to do so upon other basis such as based on your agreement with our terms and conditions upon availing our services’ or that of our dealers, if it falls under IPC’s legitimate interests and other exemptions provided by law.
Subject to certain exceptions (e.g., the personal information is absolutely necessary for IPC to provide the service, or the withdrawal/withholding of consent would frustrate the performance of a legal obligation), you can withhold or withdraw your consent for IPC to use your personal information in certain ways. Your decision to withhold or withdraw your consent to certain uses of personal information may restrict our ability to provide a particular service or product. If so, we will explain the situation to assist you in making the decision.
We may collect, use or disclose personal information without your knowledge or consent in the following circumstances:
a. When the collection, use or disclosure of personal information is permitted or required by law;
b. In an emergency that threatens an individual’s life, health, or personal security;
c. In pursuit of IPC’s legitimate interests such as:
- Pursuing a legal claim or defense
- Collecting a debt
- Protection from fraud
- Investigate an anticipated breach of an agreement or a contravention of law
Which information do we collect?
We may collect from you the following information to serve you better:
- Personal information including your name, date of birth, postal address, contact numbers, e-mail address and;
- Sensitive Personal Information such as race, ethnic origin, marital status, age, color, religious, philosophical or political affiliations; health, education, genetic or sexual life of a person, proceeding for any offense committed, SSS No., previous or current health records, license or its denials, suspension or revocation, tax returns, act of congress to be kept classified.
How do we collect your information?
We may collect your information in several ways:
- For every Isuzu vehicle that you purchase, the authorized Isuzu dealer shall require you to fill out the Customer Information Sheet (CIS) attached to the vehicle warranty policy and maintenance booklet;
- Information from the CIS is incorporated in IPC’s Customer Relationship Management System which is shared between IPC and the respective authorized Isuzu dealer. On certain cases, we share limited information to our partner call center for purposes of conducting customer surveys.
- When you request for a quotation or book a test drive, you will be asked to provide personal information such as your name, e-mail address, mobile number, and age (optional). During your visit to the Isuzu dealer for a test drive, the dealer may require you to present a valid driver’s license;
- When you send queries through the Digital Dealer, you will also be asked to provide personal information such as your name, home address (province only), and email address in order to attend to your inquiries.
- When you message and inquire in Facebook for a quotation, product information, book a test drive, or customer service request, you will be asked to provide personal information such as your name, e-mail address, location (region and city) and mobile number. During your visit to our authorized Isuzu dealer for a test drive, the dealer may require you to present a valid driver’s license;
- Facebook visitors can voluntarily register to Isuzu newsletter through the sign-up form installed in our Facebook fan page. Your personal information such as your name, e-mail address, location and contact number will be asked for purposes as indicated in this Privacy Statement.
- On each event hosted or co-hosted by IPC may require registrants to sign-up for Isuzu newsletter using its website (www.isuzuphil.com) or by logging in at your Facebook account for voluntary registration. Registrants will be required to provide their name, email address, location, and contact number will be asked for purposes as indicated in this Privacy Statement.
Call Center or other partners
- We may collect information through surveys conducted by our partner call center, more particularly:
- Sales and Delivery Survey that captures customer sales and delivery experience;
- After Sales Survey that captures customer experience during vehicle maintenance and repair services
- Whenever you directly make a request for a Fleet Training, our online form will require you to provide the following details: company name, location, contact person, contact number and the Isuzu model that the company purchased.
- Whenever an Isuzu Dealer is requesting for a training in behalf of their fleet customers, the customer must provide their personal information such as complete name, dealer name with its current official position, email address and contact number.
IPC does not sell or rent your personal information to any third party. Our agents and partners may not use your personal information for any purpose other than in performing their functions and duties with IPC. IPC take reasonable steps to ensure they are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to protecting your personal information.
For what purpose is personal information collected?
Personal information may be used by IPC for the following purposes:
Customer interface and Call Center
- In processing payments for your purchase of Isuzu vehicles and after-sales services;
- In confirming your identity, and protecting you against malicious use of information;
- For promoting quality assurance, including callouts for product, service satisfaction purposes, and receiving and processing of customer feedback;
- For securing warranty, including notices for recalls and service campaigns;
- For conducting research, including updating of records, invitation to focus group discussions, surveys, satisfaction index and similar studies; and
- For strengthening marketing activities, including promotional offers of services, parts, and new vehicle introductions
IPC’s Official Social Media Sites (Website and Facebook)
- To fulfill your requests and respond to your queries such as:
- Quotation of vehicle price;
- Booking a test drive;
- Digital Dealer
- Attending to feedbacks, comments and suggestions;
- Informing you of changes, improvements and introduction of vehicle and after-sales services
- Subscription to newsletter and other marketing information including but not limited to events, promos, and offerings.
- To improve web analytics, for purposes of optimizing web usage and for market research
- Personal information collected will be used for post event evaluation. This will also be used for remarketing provided that the registrant has voluntarily accepted the consent of receiving newsletter and other marketing information.
How do we protect and store your information?
- We undertake to establish specific safeguards to assure the confidentiality and security of individual personal data records and information;
- We are committed to maintaining the integrity, confidentiality and protection of all personal data against unlawful disclosure and processing, alteration and fraudulent misuse;
- We regularly challenge our privacy system to continuously improve our privacy statement in line with industry standards;
With whom may we disclose and share your personal information?
- We may disclose information to our agents or partners for the purpose of data-gathering and analysis, website hosting and moderating, transactions processing and payments, fulfillment of orders or requests, customer service, auditing, and any other services that furthers IPC’s operations.
- We may, for business and justifiable reasons, disclose information in case of reorganization, change in partnership, joint ventures, transfer of assets or other disposition of all or any portion of our business. Information disclosed pursuant to the said business and justifiable reasons shall be covered by the appropriate privacy or data-sharing agreements.
How long shall we keep your personal information?
- We store your personal information for only the period necessary to fulfill the purposes as stated in this privacy statement unless a longer retention period is required by law;
- Retention period of all Customer Information Sheet submitted to the concerned department shall be for a period of two (2) years from the date it was received from our authorized dealers;
- Electronic copies of personal information shall be retained for ten (10) years for or until retention of the same is deemed necessary according to the purposes stated in this privacy statement;
- Upon accomplishment of the purposes identified in this privacy statement, all information provided by the customer shall be disposed through shredding (physical) and deleting (electronic information).
What are your specific rights as a data subject under the Data Privacy Act of 2012?
Right to be Informed. The data subject, you have the right to be informed whether personal information is being or have been processed by the personal information processor for purposes as indicated in this privacy statement. It is the right of the data subject to be aware of whom the information was disclosed to.
Right to Object. You have the right to object or refuse from processing the personal information he has provided.
Right to Access. You have the right to access to demand for which personal information about him was processed, how it was collected, how it will be processed, who has a control over his information and the purpose it should be processed.
Right to Rectification. You have the right to correct any errors or falsifications about your personal information. In case the information provided to a third-party service provider was mistaken, the personal information controller should immediately inform the party to whom the information was disclosed to of the necessary change to be done.
Right to Damages. The data subject has the right to be indemnified for any damages sustained due to the incorrectness and inappropriateness in the utilization of personal information collected from him.
IPC’s primary purpose in collecting information is to provide you with a secure and safe customer experience. Rest assured, the information acquired from you will only be used for the purposes stated above and within the scope of IPC’s declared Legitimate Interest which can be found in our Data Privacy Website Tab or by clicking this link.
Changes To This Privacy Statement
Our services are dynamic and the form and nature of the services may change from time to time without prior notice to you. For this reason, we reserve the right to change or add to this privacy statement from time to time and will post any material revisions on our websites.
Review of this Privacy Statement
This privacy statement is reviewed at least once every 12 months. We will ensure the most recent version is available here. We encourage you to check back often to review the latest version. This privacy statement was last updated on June 30, 2020.
The new privacy statement will be effective upon posting. If you do not agree to the revised statement, you should alter your preferences. By continuing to access or make use of our services after the changes become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised privacy statement.
- Privacy Statement