I hereby give my consent to Isuzu Philippines Corporation (IPC), its authorized representatives, dealerships, and agents to the collection, transmission, distribution, retention, and destruction of my personal information in full compliance with the Data Privacy Act of 2012 of the Republic of the Philippines.
Isuzu Philippines Corporation (IPC) recognizes the importance of data protection and security of information that we collect from our authorized dealers and you, our valued customer in accordance with the Data Privacy Act of 2012. This privacy statement informs you of our privacy practices and further describes the way we may collect, use, protect, store, disclose and dispose information; including those which also may be collected through third-party providers, websites, or any other online activity.
What is personal information?
Personal Information refers to any information, whether recorded in material form, from which the identity of an individual is apparent or can be reasonably and directly ascertained by the entity holding the information, or when put together with other information would directly and certainly identify an individual.
Sensitive Personal Information refers to personal information about an individual’s race, marital status, age, color, and religious, philosophical, or political beliefs; health, education, genetic information, sexual life or involvement of a person in a legal proceeding. It may also include, social security numbers, health records and licenses, pin codes and account numbers.
Privileged Information refers to any form of data, which, under the Rules of Court and other pertinent laws constitute privileged communication.
The processing of sensitive personal information and privileged information are generally prohibited to be processed without your consent.
Do I have access and control over my personal information?
Yes. Your personal information is your own personal property. Thus, it should never be collected, processed, and stored by any organization without your explicit consent, unless otherwise provided by law.
If you wish to have access to your personal information in our records; or you think that such personal information we have of you is incomplete, not up-to-date, or otherwise inaccurate, or if you prefer to have your personal information removed from our database, you may get in touch with us through the contact details provided below.
Isuzu Philippines Corporation, 114 Technology Avenue,
Laguna Technopark Phase II, Biñan, Laguna, Philippines 4024
Email: [email protected]
Trunk Line: (049) 541-0224 to 26 loc 407
Do I have to consent before you can collect my information?
We will obtain your consent to collect, use or disclose personal information except where we are authorized to do so upon other basis such as based on your agreement with our terms and conditions upon availing our services’ or that of our dealers, if it falls under IPC’s legitimate interests and other exemptions provided by law.
Subject to certain exceptions (e.g., the personal information is absolutely necessary for IPC to provide the service, or the withdrawal/withholding of consent would frustrate the performance of a legal obligation), you can withhold or withdraw your consent for IPC to use your personal information in certain ways. Your decision to withhold or withdraw your consent to certain uses of personal information may restrict our ability to provide a particular service or product. If so, we will explain the situation to assist you in making the decision.
We may collect, use or disclose personal information without your knowledge or consent in the following circumstances:
a. When the collection, use or disclosure of personal information is permitted or required by law;
b. In an emergency that threatens an individual’s life, health, or personal security;
c. In pursuit of IPC’s legitimate interests such as:
• Pursuing a legal claim or defense
• Collecting a debt
• Protection from fraud
• Investigate an anticipated breach of an agreement or a contravention of law
Which information do we collect?
We may collect from you the following information to serve you better:
- Personal information including your name, date of birth, postal address, contact numbers, e-mail address and;
- Sensitive Personal Information such as race, ethnic origin, marital status, age, color, religious, philosophical or political affiliations; health, education, genetic or sexual life of a person, proceeding for any offense committed, SSS No., previous or current health records, license or its denials, suspension or revocation, tax returns, act of congress to be kept classified.
How do we collect your information?
We may collect your information in several ways:
- For every Isuzu vehicle that you purchase, the authorized Isuzu dealer shall require you to fill out the Customer Information Sheet (CIS) attached to the vehicle warranty policy and maintenance booklet;
- Information from the CIS is incorporated in IPC’s Customer Relationship Management System which is shared between IPC and the respective authorized Isuzu dealer. On certain cases, we share limited information to our partner call center for purposes of conducting customer surveys.
- When you request for a quotation or book a test drive, you will be asked to provide personal information such as your name, e-mail address, mobile number, and age (optional). During your visit to the Isuzu dealer for a test drive, the dealer may require you to present a valid driver’s license;
- When you send queries through the Digital Dealer, you will also be asked to provide personal information such as your name, home address (province only), and email address in order to attend to your inquiries.
- When you message and inquire in Facebook for a quotation, product information, book a test drive, or customer service request, you will be asked to provide personal information such as your name, e-mail address, location (region and city) and mobile number. During your visit to our authorized Isuzu dealer for a test drive, the dealer may require you to present a valid driver’s license;
- Facebook visitors can voluntarily register to Isuzu newsletter through the sign-up form installed in our Facebook fan page. Your personal information such as your name, e-mail address, location and contact number will be asked for purposes as indicated in this Privacy Statement.
- On each event hosted or co-hosted by IPC may require registrants to sign-up for Isuzu newsletter using its website (www.isuzuphil.com) or by logging in at your Facebook account for voluntary registration. Registrants will be required to provide their name, email address, location, and contact number will be asked for purposes as indicated in this Privacy Statement.
Call Center or other partners
- We may collect information through surveys conducted by our partner call center, more particularly:
- Sales and Delivery Survey that captures customer sales and delivery experience;
- After Sales Survey that captures customer experience during vehicle maintenance and repair services
- Whenever you directly make a request for a Fleet Training, our online form will require you to provide the following details: company name, location, contact person, contact number and the Isuzu model that the company purchased.
- Whenever an Isuzu Dealer is requesting for a training in behalf of their fleet customers, the customer must provide their personal information such as complete name, dealer name with its current official position, email address and contact number.
IPC does not sell or rent your personal information to any third party. Our agents and partners may not use your personal information for any purpose other than in performing their functions and duties with IPC. IPC take reasonable steps to ensure they are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to protecting your personal information.
For what purpose is personal information collected?
Personal information may be used by IPC for the following purposes:
Customer interface and Call Center
- In processing payments for your purchase of Isuzu vehicles and after-sales services;
- In confirming your identity, and protecting you against malicious use of information;
- For promoting quality assurance, including callouts for product, service satisfaction purposes, and receiving and processing of customer feedback;
- For securing warranty, including notices for recalls and service campaigns;
- For conducting research, including updating of records, invitation to focus group discussions, surveys, satisfaction index and similar studies; and
- For strengthening marketing activities, including promotional offers of services, parts, and new vehicle introductions
IPC’s Official Social Media Sites (Website and Facebook)
- To fulfill your requests and respond to your queries such as:
- Quotation of vehicle price;
- Booking a test drive;
- Digital Dealer
- Attending to feedbacks, comments and suggestions;
- Informing you of changes, improvements and introduction of vehicle and after-sales services
- Subscription to newsletter and other marketing information including but not limited to events, promos, and offerings.
- To improve web analytics, for purposes of optimizing web usage and for market research
- Personal information collected will be used for post event evaluation. This will also be used for remarketing provided that the registrant has voluntarily accepted the consent of receiving newsletter and other marketing information.
How do we protect and store your information?
- We undertake to establish specific safeguards to assure the confidentiality and security of individual personal data records and information;
- We are committed to maintaining the integrity, confidentiality and protection of all personal data against unlawful disclosure and processing, alteration and fraudulent misuse;
- We regularly challenge our privacy system to continuously improve our privacy statement in line with industry standards;
With whom may we disclose and share your personal information?
- We may disclose information to our agents or partners for the purpose of data-gathering and analysis, website hosting and moderating, transactions processing and payments, fulfillment of orders or requests, customer service, auditing, and any other services that furthers IPC’s operations.
- We may, for business and justifiable reasons, disclose information in case of reorganization, change in partnership, joint ventures, transfer of assets or other disposition of all or any portion of our business. Information disclosed pursuant to the said business and justifiable reasons shall be covered by the appropriate privacy or data-sharing agreements.
How long shall we keep your personal information?
- Retention period of all Customer Information Sheet submitted to the concerned department shall be for a period of two (2) years from the date it was received from our authorized dealers;
- Upon accomplishment of the purposes identified in this privacy statement, all information provided by the customer shall be disposed through shredding (physical) and deleting (electronic information).
What are your specific rights as a data subject under the Data Privacy Act of 2012? 
Right to be Informed. The data subject, you have the right to be informed whether personal information is being or have been processed by the personal information processor for purposes as indicated in this privacy statement. It is the right of the data subject to be aware of whom the information was disclosed to.
Right to Object. You have the right to object or refuse from processing the personal information he has provided.
Right to Access. You have the right to access to demand for which personal information about him was processed, how it was collected, how it will be processed, who has a control over his information and the purpose it should be processed.
Right to Rectification. You have the right to correct any errors or falsifications about your personal information. In case the information provided to a third-party service provider was mistaken, the personal information controller should immediately inform the party to whom the information was disclosed to of the necessary change to be done.
Right to Damages. The data subject has the right to be indemnified for any damages sustained due to the incorrectness and inappropriateness in the utilization of personal information collected from him.
IPC’s primary purpose in collecting information is to provide you with a secure and safe customer experience. Rest assured, the information acquired from you will only be used for the purposes stated above and within the scope of IPC’s declared Legitimate Interest which can be found in our Data Privacy Website Tab or by clicking this link.
Changes To This Privacy Statement
Our services are dynamic and the form and nature of the services may change from time to time without prior notice to you. For this reason, we reserve the right to change or add to this privacy statement from time to time and will post any material revisions on our websites.
Review of this Privacy Statement
This privacy statement is reviewed at least once every 12 months. We will ensure the most recent version is available here. We encourage you to check back often to review the latest version. This privacy statement was last updated on June 30, 2020.
The new privacy statement will be effective upon posting. If you do not agree to the revised statement, you should alter your preferences. By continuing to access or make use of our services after the changes become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised privacy statement.
The “Terms and Conditions” set forth below contains the conditions of your access to and use of the Isuzu Philippines Corporation Official website. By continuing to use this website, you hereby agree to comply and be bound by the following Terms and Conditions.
Our Website Usage
The use of our website is intended to make information available about our products and services which can be accessed by our customers, which includes existing and potential buyers, our authorized dealers, and other users. In order for us to provide better service, some pages on our website may request to input your personal information such as your name, e-mail address, and contact number for reference and improved customer experience.
- Isuzu Philippines Corporation may make necessary changes to this website and update these terms and conditions without prior notice. Please note that no changes in the use of the personal information you provided will be made without your express consent.
- Isuzu Philippines Corporation reserves the right to discontinue this website any time without notice.
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) Address, Media Access Control (MAC) Address, or other specific identifiers may be recorded for inquiries and website analytics purposes (e.g. google analytics) and is non-identifiable web traffic data. IP address is defined as a logical numeric address assigned to every single computer, printer, switch, router or any other device that is part of a TCP/IP-based network. The IP address is the core component on which the networking architecture is built; no network exists without it. The MAC address are unique identifiers assigned to all network devices.
- Our Web page may use cookie technology to record activities in our website and identify users as well as monitor their behavior in using our website.
- “Cookies” are small files which are stored on a user's computer.
- This permits the server to send a page personalized for a particular user. Cookies allow us to customize our website following your individual preferences, and to permit you to navigate certain parts of our website without having to re-enter information.
- This is a collective term used to refer to "pixel tags", "web beacons" or "clear GIF images" embedded in a web page and usually invisible to the user. It is often-transparent graphic image that is placed on a website or in an email to monitor the behavior of the user in visiting the website or in sending email. It is often used in combination with cookies. It is a useful tool to monitor how many users and how many times a page was visited and how many times a link was clicked.
- You understand and agree that our website may include or contain links to third-party websites (e.g. BPI Family Online Financing, other websites), and that clicking on these links will leave the Isuzu Philippines Corporation website page. Please note that these third-party websites are owned and operated by those parties concerned, and are beyond Isuzu Philippines Corporation’s authority and control. As such, you hold Isuzu Philippines Corporation free and harmless from possible issues arising from the integrity, security, and accuracy of their websites in relation to their respective privacy policies or practices. We suggest that you thoroughly read their respective privacy policies before submitting any personal information that such sites may request from you.
- You may download, use or print downloadable and printable pages from our website only for your personal purposes.
- We are not liable for losses and damages resulting from circumstances which are beyond our control, including, but not limited to, network interruption or failure of electronic and communication lines, natural calamities and other fortuitous events.
- You must not use this website in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to Isuzu Philippines Corporation’s official website or impairment of the availability or accessibility of www.isuzuphil.com, or which in any way is against the law, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity.
- This website contains materials which are solely owned by Isuzu Philippines Corporation including, but not limited to, the logo, website design, graphics, and appearance. These materials shall not be used for purposes of publication, promotion and display unless otherwise permitted by Isuzu Philippines Corporation.
- Unauthorized use of the above-mentioned materials may give rise to a claim for damages or hold criminal offense under Philippine laws.
- You must not use this website or any part of it to transmit or send unsolicited commercial communications.
Use at your own risk
- We provide all the content, graphics and information about our products and services and other materials available through our website for informational and business purposes only.
- You may use the content, information, data, materials and the products and services available through this website solely for your personal and non-commercial use.
- If you use the contents, information, products and services available through our website without Isuzu Philippines Corporation’s authority, you expressly agree that you do so solely at your own risk. You shall not, in any way, be considered an agent or a representative of Isuzu Philippines Corporation’s by virtue of this use. You understand that you are solely responsible for any damage or loss you may incur as result of your use of any content, information or other materials, products or services of our website.
- You hereby agree that by using this website, you recompense and defend Isuzu Philippines Corporation as well as its directors and stockholders, employees, dealers, suppliers and customers free from all claims, costs, demands, losses, liabilities and any other damages relating to breach of these Terms and Conditions Your failure to comply with matters which you are responsible for under this Terms and Conditions may subject you to liability to Isuzu Philippines Corporation.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of the Republic of the Philippines. Provisions on the collection and use of personal information are particularly governed by the Data Privacy Act of 2012.
Data Privacy Officer
- For any questions, comments, or clarifications on the personal information you have submitted to Isuzu Philippines Corporation through this website, or if you wish to secure a soft copy of the personal information you submitted, please contact:
Isuzu Philippines Corporation
114 Technology Avenue,
Laguna Technopark Phase II
Biñan, Laguna, Philippines 4024
Email: [email protected]
Trunk Line: (049) 541-0224 to 26 loc 407